Guardianship Services:


Guardianship Services For Families

Mark R. Iverson offers assistance to families in the area of guardianship. A guardianship action is filed for a number of reasons. Guardianship is normally filed on behalf of an alleged incapacitated adult.  A family member or other suitable individual becomes the guardian and is able to make personal and financial decisions on behalf of the incapacitated adult.  If a family member or other suitable individual is not available, a professional guardian is appointed.

There are also situations where it is necessary to establish a guardianship on behalf of a minor.  For instance, if a minor moves to the home of another family member or friends, it will be necessary to establish a guardianship so that personal, medical and education decisions can be made by the guardian. It is also necessary for a family to file a guardianship if a minor child is about to become an adult (18 years old) and is unable to live independently and is unable to make personal and financial decisions.

Free Consultation

If you are interested in learning more about establishing a guardianship for an incapacitated adult or a minor child please contact us.

Representation of Professional Guardians

It is important for a professional guardian to have an ongoing relationship with an attorney with expertise in the area of guardianship.  There are a number of legal issues that arise for a professional guardian when representing an incapacitated person.  Mark R. Iverson meets with clients to review cases on a monthly basis.  Staff members are available to provide annual accountings at a reduced paralegal rate. Mr. Iverson and staff are available to answer questions on a daily basis.

For a free consultation please contact us